Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hello all, I thought it was about time for a midsummer update from hot Berlin. To start with the 'Midsummer Night’s Madness' group show at Strychnin Gallery went really well. There was so much incredible work on display for the show. The show had a favorable review in national German newspaper Die Welt, and I was also lucky enough to meet up with Frank from the super cool I heart Berlin website to chat about the things I've been creating since living in Berlin. Here is the link if you would like to read the article, iheartberlin review also I highly recommend having a look in at the site anyway if you are interested in what's happening around the city, as its updated daily and always an interesting read. Plans for the next few months is a collection of small sculpture pieces to work with vintage glass domes that I have been relentlessly hunting and gathering from markets and vintage stores around the city. My next print piece will be a 1/1 with what I am hoping will be intricate, detailed drawings that are a continuation of some of the themes I explored in 'Under the Looking Glass'. Also on the list is to make a bit of time to see the sun from somewhere other than behind my studio window. Anyway, thanks for all your support and coming past so regularly to see what's new, all the best for your long summer days (and nights!).
Seymour

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there, loving your stuff. Just had a long weekend in Wellington and after a trip to Eyeball Kicks, am now the proud owner of Trick Retreat. Fantastic! Gonna be a regular to your blog and looking forward to future pieces. Cheers

Seymour said...

Hi Stuart, Thanks for your support and hope you enjoyed your time in my home town Wellington. Eyeball kicks is great Huh! Will be posting a couple of new bits on the blog soon.
Cheers Pete